qatar fifa 2022 fifa hosting stadiums
- Author- Super Admin
- Publish Date-
With all football fanatics waiting for the first World Cup to be held in one of the Middle Eastern Lands, the countdown is evident. Qatar, being a small yet economically developed and advanced compared to the rest of the world is perfect as the host for FIFA 2022. Being geographically in the middle and economically stable to hold tourists from all over the world, Qatar has been in the limelight for quite a long time.
There has been news about seven new stadiums being built all from scratch in order to host the Tournament. Preparing for the upcoming FIFA in the Heart of Gulf, here is a list of all the Stadiums which will potentially host many tournaments of the FIFA 2022 World Cup:
Al Bayt Stadium
- The architectural beauty of the Al Bayt Stadium of Qatar is inspired by the tents which were traditionally used in Qatar’s deserts by travelers and traders.
- This stadium is created in Al Khor City.
- Thus this stadium proves to be a demarcation of history and culture of the Middle Eastern lands.
- With the advancement in creation and technology, the Al Bayt Stadium was completed by December 2019. Its grounds will be tested until the tournament begins.
Al Wakrah Stadium
- Al Wakrah is an established city in Qatar, thus the name of the largest stadium there.
- It was inaugurated and built solely to cater to the needs of the World Cup in 2022.
- The late architect, Dame Zaha Hadid wanted this stadium to host the most FIFA matches with its capacity of 40,000 seating arrangements.
Khalifa International Stadium
- The Khalifa International Stadium is an old but a gold one.
- Being the place for proudly hosting the Asian Games of 2008, the Gulf Cup and the AFC Asian Cup, this stadium of international standards is being brought up again under the limelight of FIFA 2022.
- In 2019, this stadium also hosted the World Athletics Championship in the months of September and October.
- Created in 1976 in the central capital Doha, it is one of the most proud architectural possessions of Qatar.
- Like the Al Wakrah stadium, the Khalifa Stadium also has a capacity of 40,000 viewers.
- Recently it was given a renovation for hosting the upcoming football tournament.
Lusail Stadium of Qatar
- Lusail is a city situated near the borders of the capital of Qatar, Doha.
- Being at a prime location and in its vicinity, the Lusail Stadium of Qatar has been given prior attention when it comes to renovating and maintaining international standards.
- Built-in order to showcase the architectural expertise of Qatar, the concrete-focused creation has seating in its terraces, giving football fanatics a unique experience through it all.
- The renovation is done to ensure the safety and well-being of the tourists in this terrace seating stadium.
Education City Stadium
- The name of this Stadium is kept because of its closeness to all of Qatar’s leading universities.
- Hosting many university-related sports events, it is being renovated to host the smaller FIFA Tournaments for early tourists.
- The seats of this stadium are currently being reduced to 50% of the original for a good cause.
- These will be donated in order to support the creation of stadiums in other developing countries.
Al Rayyan Stadium
- The Al Rayyan stadium was built from scratch for hosting the FIFA matches and will be completed by the end of 2020 with a viewer count of 40,000 seats, coming at par with the Al Wakrah and the Khalifa Stadiums in a short amount of time.
- This stadium is being built on the lands which used to hold an old sporting ground, the Ahmed Bin Ali Stadium.
- This was the parent company of the old Al Rayyan Sports Club.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the possible dates for Qatar FIFA 2022?
Monday 21 November 2022 to 18 December 2022 are the tentative dates for the FIFA World cup of 2022, which will be held in Qatar throughout its various state-of-the-art stadiums.
Q. Where was FIFA held recently?
Back in 2018, the FIFA World Cup was held in Russia, which is a contrast to the Qatar 2022 World Cup for FIFA as its host. Know more about Qatar FIFA here.
Q. Is there any procedure for applying Qatar visa for 2022?
Till now, the procedure to follow for applying a Qatar visa is:
Step 1: Apply online by choosing your native country.
Step 2: Know all the documents which will be required to apply for a Qatar visa
Ensure that you have a scan of the following:
- Passport: valid for up to 6 months, a scan of your first and last page of passport as well.
- Signatures must match between the passports and the application form for the Qatar visa.
- Copies of Confirmed return tickets from Qatar to your native country.
- Confirmed proof of hotel bookings, or a place where you will be staying while you visit all the FIFA Tournaments in Qatar.
Step 3: Pay with a method you are suitable with.
Step 4: Receive your visa status from time to time. You can even check your status through Qatar e-visa online by filling in your application number and passport number.
If you wish to know more about Qatar visa types and its application processes, visit Qatar e-visa online. With this online visa portal, you can receive your visa in a matter of three days. The application duration takes only minutes. With this portal, you can pay with any mode of payment options available. Providing a working email id is necessary to ensure that you receive your Qatar visa duly in your inbox.
Q. What if I am unable to find any tickets to Qatar during FIFA 2022?
It is best to book your air tickets beforehand as many tourists will be arriving in Qatar just to witness the FIFA Tournament which occurs every four years. However, under any circumstance, if you are unable to book a normal flight ticket, and then you may consider waiting for a while till the vacancy opens up.
If you live near Qatar and are planning to travel by road, then you will have to show your vehicle documents while applying for your Qatar visa. A copy of the same will also be submitted to your Qatari Embassy before you leave your native country.
Q. I belong to one of the GCC Countries. Can I travel to Qatar by road, visa-free?
Yes, the Qatari government allows the citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council to arrive in Qatar without a visa. However, you will have to reach out to the authorities in order to receive your visa-on-arrival.
A Visa-on-arrival has a validity period of one month. If you wish, you can extend this visa by 3 months maximum. You will have to pay QAR 100 every time you extend your visa. Please note that a visa-on-arrival can get stressful as you will be required to carry all of your original documents and their copies in order to approve your visa.
These documents include your 6-month valid passport, hotel bookings which are confirmed and under an approved hotel, minimum two to three photographs which are specifically passport-sized, clear, and colored. Since you have opted to travel by road, you will be asked to show documents stating that the vehicle you have traveled with belongs to you.
With the upcoming FIFA round the corner, it is best to book your visa right now. Visit Qatar e-visa online to know more about receiving your visa within just three days of processing time.