qatar visa policy
- Author- Super Admin
- Publish Date-
Every country has its own visa policy similarly Qatar also has its visa policy which you have to follow or fulfill while entering or applying for a Qatar visa. Let's check what policies you have to follow for a Qatar visa. Qatar visa policy for different Visas was created in order to ease the candidate into booking and receiving their visa. With the correct type of visa in your hands, it is beneficial to know about the rules and regulations which must be kept in mind for each Qatar visa type.
Visa-free Policy to Qatar
With the social relations of Qatar, many countries and people carrying a passport of the same can avail the facility of visa-free arrival to Qatar. Two categories are created for this type of travel. Countries are eligible for a visa-free stay in Qatar-
|Eligible Countries for 180 Days Visa Free Arrival at Qatar|
|Romania||France||Slovakia||Malaysia||Greece||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Eligible Countries for 90 Days Visa Free Arrival at Qatar|
|New Zealand||Vatican City||Kazakhstan||Uruguay||Venezuela||United Kingdom|
|Guyana||United States||Macedonia||Suriname||Maldives||Costa Rica|
|San Marino||Hong Kong||Vatican City||Argentina||Singapore||Lebanon|
|South Africa||Ukraine||Thailand||Georgia||Uruguay||South Africa|
Policies for Qatar Visa on Arrival
Qatar has friendly relations with many countries. By allowing a visa on arrival for 272 counties as of 2020, Qatar’s visa on arrival service is opted by millions of frequent travelers.
- You cannot work or engage yourself in any earning practices while you are staying in Qatar under this visa.
- If your visa on arrival is rejected under any circumstances and reasons, it is mandatory for you to book the earliest flight back to your native country.
- Depending upon your 30 or 90 day validity period, you will be fines QAR 200 for every extra day you stay in Qatar.
- A visa on arrival is only applicable if you arrive in Qatar through a flight. If you are arriving in Qatar by land, water, or any other transportation method, then you must have an approved visa beforehand.
Qatar E-visa Features: Countries Eligible for an E-visa to Qatar
If your country is not a part of a visa on arrival list, then you can apply for an e-visa to Qatar with Qatar e-visa Online. Please note that Egypt, Palestine, and Israel are not included in the e-visa eligibility criteria. Following countries are eligible to apply for Qatar e visa-
|Citizens of the following countries can get Qatar e-visa.|
|Bermuda||Bhutan||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Botswana||Brtish Virgin Islands||Burkina Faos|
|Burundi||Cambodia||Cameroon||Cape Verde||Cayman Islands||Central African Republic|
|Chad||Christmas Island||Cocos Islans||Comoros||Congo||Congo Brazavile|
|Cook Islands||Djibouti||Dominica||El Salvador||Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea|
|Ethiopia||Falkland Island||Faroe Island||Fiji||French Guiana||French Polynesia|
|Nauru||Nepal||Netherland Antilles||New Caledonia||Nicaragua||Niger|
|Nigeria||Niue||Norfolk Island||North Korea||Palau||Palestine|
|Papua New Guinea||Philippiness||Pitcairn Island||Puerto Rico||Reunion||Rwanda|
|Saint Helena||Saint Kitts & Nevis||Saint Lucia||Saint Martin||Saint Pierre Miquelon||Saint Vincent & Grenadines|
|Samoa||Sao Tome & Princippe||Senegal||Sierra Leone||Solomon Islands||Somalia|
|South Sudan||Sri Lanka||Sudan||Swaziland||Syria||Tajikistan|
|Tanzania||Timor Leste||Togo||Tokelau||Tonga||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Tunisia||Turkmenistan||Tuvalu||US Virgin Islands||Uganda||Uzbekistan|
|Vanuatu||Vietnam||Wallis & Futuna Island||Yemen||Zambia||Zimbabwe|
ETA for Qatar
An Electronic Travel Authorization, as the name suggests, is a travel permit which allows a tourist to arrive in Qatar. An ETA can be booked online like any other Qatar visa.
Policies of a Qatar ETA
- If you do not belong to the list of visa-free arrival countries to Qatar yet hold a residency permit to one of the following countries, you can apply for an ETA.
- Australia, Canada, New Zealand, The United Kingdom, United States of America, OR any countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, which are: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Oman, and Qatar itself.
- An ETA allows you to enter on a single-entry basis. Thereafter if you decide to leave the country before the validation period is over, the ETA will be stated as expired.
- Since an ETA is booked online, scans of all your documents in proper quality are expected while applying for a Qatar ETA.
Transit Visa Policy
A Transit Visa allows a traveler to transit or stays on the airport premises of Qatar before boarding their next flight to the country they wish to go to. A Transit Visa is applicable for only a short amount of time.
- A Transit Visa for Qatar can be made before you travel, or it is also possible to approve it on a visa on arrival.
- A Qatar transit visa is only approved if you have confirmed tickets from Qatar to the country you wish to go to.
Qatar Visa Policy For GCC Countries
The Gulf Cooperation Council is a set of Middle Eastern Countries that have mutually decided to drop their borders in order to grow together economically, geographically, and politically.
Countries included in the Gulf Cooperation Council are Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, The United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman.
Rules for the people of the GCC traveling to Qatar
- As a GCC Resident, you do not require a visa prior to arriving in Qatar.
- A Visit Visa and a single-entry visa are available on arrival services on all international Qatar airports.
- Major papers required would be proof of residency in your native country and a passport of the same.
Joint Visa policies between Oman and Qatar
A Qatar-Oman Joint Visa is an exceptional visa service created for people who wish to visit both of these countries under the approval of one single visa only. Countries eligible for a Qatar-Oman Joint Visa
|Eligible Countries for Qatar-Oman Joint Visa|
|Italy||Monaco||Iceland||Netherlands||San Marino||Vatican City|
- This visa type is applicable for 33 nationalities
- You will have to visit Qatar first and then directly take a flight to Oman. If this route is not followed, your visa is considered expired and you will be asked to leave the lands immediately.
- An extension of this visa can only be done from Oman. During this extension period of one week, you can only stay in Oman (you will not be able to go back to Qatar).
Qatar Visa Policy for different visa types
Qatar visa for children
- If you wish to come to Qatar with your family for a vacation, then a parent can create a visa for their children.
- Do note that each child must have their own passports in this case; the visa application form must mention that these are your children by stating their birth certificate.
Qatar Student Visa
A student visa for Qatar is meant for those people who wish to study in one of the recognized Qatar universities and earn a degree.
Criteria for Students
- Only people who wish to study and belong to the 18-25 year range can apply for a Student Visa to Qatar.
- Please know that a student must have an admission letter to Qatar beforehand, which means he or she must give the online exam and achieve a great score in order to be admitted to one of the Qatar universities.
- The student has to mention where he or she will be staying during the degree course is carried out. This can be done with the proof of address.
- Students coming from overseas are allowed to work part-time during their education years.
Business Visa to Qatar
- A Business Visa lasts from 72 hours to up to three months with an extension of another three months.
- A Business Visa allows any foreigner to work on Qatari lands under a recognized organization established in Qatar.
Policies to follow under a Business Visa to Qatar
- A Letter of acceptance from the employer must be given during the time of application.
- Before applying, the employer and the employee who will be coming to Qatar must confirm the duration in which s/he will be working. The same must be mentioned by the employer.
- If possible, the employer must sponsor the visa and travel fees.
Qatar E Visa Online
Qatar Tourist Visa is easily approved within a span of three days through online visa service providers like Qatar e-Visa Online.
- An online application process must have scans of all the documents necessary for your Qatar visa type.
- The signatures done digitally must match the ones given on your passport and other documents.
- With Qatar e-Visa Online, you can easily check the status of your visa application as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What activities can be done in Qatar?
Traveling to the Middle Eastern lands is a great experience for anyone who wishes to enjoy the culture of the Arabs. With many things to do in Doha and its nearby cities of Qatar, one can immerse the Arabian culture into their lives as well.
Q. Are there any restrictions on clothing in Qatar?
No. However, it is advised to follow what the Qataris wear. Women mostly cover their arms and legs completely with respect to their culture. Men do wear turbans and head coverings often. Covering your heads is an option yet it might be needed considering the heat if you are visiting Qatar in the summers.
Q. What if my Qatar visa is rejected in an online application process?
Applying online beforehand saves you from bigger troubles which might have come later on. Since your visa is rejected before your journey has even begun, it is possible to apply for a new visa. The reason for rejection is provided to you if your visa is rejected, thus, rectifying the mistake in the next round of application process will be helpful.